Tuesday 30 April 2024

Not Every Day is a Good Day.

            Not Every Day is a Good Day.

I took yesterday off. I was just over it. Not every day is a good day and sometimes pushing every day, while at times only seeing limited results; sometimes it gets to be difficult.

I’m reading a book and heard the Lord speaking to me through its pages. The book mentioned not every road is a straight road and delay is not defeat. Then I listened to a you tube which said we have to get to a place where the devil’s tactics don’t cause us to change, that we aren’t to get into negativity but to say; is that all you’ve got? and then get on with our day. Trusting in the Lord at all times is the goal, however that’s not where I’ve been the past couple of days.

Later today I read in my bible the passage of the leaven. Leaven being used for both good or evil. Tiny pieces of active energy, permeating through our life. I can’t help but wonder, as I study quantum physics, if leaven isn’t another word for particle.

Still, for the believer, a small glimpse of the Lord’s attitude towards His people, the leaven transforming people from a dead lump, into life, via a quickening influence. The piece went on to say; poor, ignorant men, with no resources, bar God Himself. Isn’t the all of us at times?

An inheritance hastily gotten at the beginning, but not blessed at the end, spoken of in the bible (Proverbs 20:21) and not something we wish to see. Sometimes it’s better to battle, as long as we remember we are mighty through God.

The leaven, dusted across fine flour, kneaded and pounded until our earthly life aligns with our Christian principles. The leaven working its way through the bread, until the outward appearance is transformed and visible to all.

And so I continue to plug away, even during those difficult days, for we can be bogged down at times.

I sold a number of books this month. In looking at my account yesterday, I felt a whole load lift. It was like – Yes, I am a writer! I felt a lightening, like a burden was removed and I actually felt successful in a small measure. All I have to do now is hold on to that successful feeling. Now that I know what it feels like, I may replicate that feeling and bring more of it into my life, for what we think about is what we bring about.

Yes, I sell books all the time, but some months I sell more than others. I’ve sold books before and had the same feeling then, but to sell so many was a bit of a surprise. I’d forgotten all about the earlier sales, remembering only this moment, as I write this and as I came to that same place, that now I’m sure to hang on to the feeling of success.

My bible reading today was about scribes. Once, a prophet at church called me a scribe. She was a visitor to the church and said (without knowing me at all), you’re a storyteller, a scribe. As a writer of biblical truths, yes, I can visualize that. A scribe, instructed in the ways of heaven, is like a householder bringing forth treasure, both the new and the old.

Matthew 13:52; He said to them, “Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”

As I labour within the pages of the word (the old), bringing it forth into daily living (the new) and as I garner more on how the kingdom of heaven responds to the word of God, I teach it through my written work. The apostles were taught the word of God, though Jesus and once adept, they wrote the word of God, marrying the old testament with the new.

I know what we think about is what we bring about. My aim is to show this truth to others. While I’m not able to add anything to that precious word of God, I can enlighten through my own parables, just as Jesus did and hopefully, I’m doing it just as well as Jesus did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment